|KOOL 96.7 FM / 910 AM WGTO|
- WGTO (branded as Kool 96.7fm) is a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_station radio station broadcasting a classic hits format
- It is licensed to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassopolis,_Michigan Cassopolis, Michigan broadcasting on AM frequency 910am and is under ownership of Langford Broadcasting. Much of the programming is courtesy of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westwood_One_(current) Westwood One's Classic Hits satellite feed.
- WGTO is also one of the few West Michigan AM Stations operating in C-Quam AM Stereo.
- WGTO was designed and built by longtime Chicago radio personality Larry Langford in 1987 as WLLJ. WGTO is the last station to be built under the AM daytime rules of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Communications_Commission Federal Communications Commission. After the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Construction_permit Construction Permit for this station was authorized in 1986 no further applications were accepted for stations wanting to operate Daytime Only.
- WGTO uses two towers in a directional pattern. The station now operates with 35 watts of nighttime power.
- On October 30, 2009 WGTO began broadcasting on 101.1 FM (translator W266BS licensed to Cassopolis, Michigan) as "Classic Hits 101". They continue to broadcast their AM signal as well.
- In June 2016, the FM translator moved to a new frequency of 96.7 MHz with call sign W242CN. The new translator broadcasts with an ERP of 250 watts, the maximum allowed for translators, and extends WGTO's FM coverage from the immediate Cassopolis/Dowagiac area to include a larger portion of southwestern Michigan as well as the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elkhart,_Indiana Elkhart, Indiana area.
WGTO 910 AM Day Power
WGTO 910 AM Night Power
W242CN 96.7 FM